Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pregnant and constipated. *blush* what to do? its been a week.?

how can i make myselft more regular? i have always had a bit of a *constipation problem* hehe, but now that im pregnant, its much worse. like i havnt been in a week. and im freaking out. what happens if i dont go? worried, dont even want to eat anything till i doPregnant and constipated. *blush* what to do? its been a week.?
I've had chronic constipation since I was twelve, so I know what you're talking about.


Here are some tricks that will help:


For immediate relief, wait until you're pretty hungry, then eat about a half bag of those yummie dried prunes. Drink plenty of water... and make sure you're close to a bathroom within the half hour. I discovered this by accident when my blood sugar dropped and all I had was prunes around.


Works every time.


Now - for everyday use:


Try to eat steamed broccoli, salads, fresh fruit daily. - Drink a glass of chocolate milk for breakfast (this is more for the protein and calcium than going to the bathroom) and eat one or two Activia Yogurts a day.


Now - I'm not buying into commercials here. I started eating that yogurt because I liked the taste.. but it works! You'll start becoming regular within five days and stay that way as long as you keep up the routine.


If you need a different way to get rid of constipation immediately -


You can buy triple leaf laxative tea at the Vitamin Shoppe.


It's all natural, but you should still check with your doctor before taking it because it is really powerful.


Hope this helps!Pregnant and constipated. *blush* what to do? its been a week.?
Same problem here. My doc told me I could use colace which is a stool softener. I have also used milk of magnesia (which works the fastest- 1-6 hrs). I've only used that once though since it seemed more like a laxative. I just purchased miralax which is also a stool softener. It's a power- you mix with a glass of liquid- I used koolaid. It dissolves completely and doesn't have any taste so I'm hoping it works. The reason I don't want to take the colace anymore is because I got really sick with nausea and vomitting and after the colace (gel tab) started dissolving- I threw up and the pill had the worse taste.
I'm 38 weeks and have been constipated on and off. Doesn't seem to be related to what I eat since it happens randomly. My doctor said I could take Milk of Magnesia, I've used this about 3 times and it does work. But it says on the bottle it should work within 30 minutes to 6 hours, well for me it took more like 12 hours before anything happened. So just be aware of when you take it if you don't want to deal with it at work or in public. I've also drank prune juice and this worked once and not the other times, so I'm not sure if you have to drink it every day to stay regular.
Fibre. Thats what you need.





I know how it feels like. I had constipation for a week (while not pregnant) and it got me worried.





There is a safe fibre substitute to take called Metamusal. It comes in different flavours. You just mix the powder into water and drink it.





I hope all will be well with you! :( If you don't go, see a doctor right away. They may have to try giving you an enema...
Go to Target and get some Colace, it is safe to take for the whole pregnancy and will help you pass a stool in 24 hours. Some women take it daily throughout their pregnancy. Trust me, don't wait too long, I had to have the first enema in my life in this pregnancy because I waited too long to pass a stool and it hardened. Sorry if TMI.
Prune Juice will do the trick. It's infalible, natural and med free. I would NOT recommend laxatives or any other meds.





Try Prune Juice, drink mineral water (Perrier, the tiny bubbles and the minerals help), eat kiwi and papaya and activia yogurt. If that fails, try a glycerin suppository





Good luck
You have to eat food that are high in fiber!


some foods can make you more constipated... such as bananas, milk, cheese... stay away from these foods.


Dont use a Laxative as they are NOT good! use can use STOOL Softeners, they are over the counter! get some and they will help you go!


Good luck.
Usually if you talk to your doctor they will allow you to take a gentle stool softener or laxative like Colace. Before you take anything though, talk to your doctor to see what they recommend as far as what to take and how much in a 24 hour period. The joys of pregnancy....
Please eat! You still need the nutrients! When i get constipated, i got for a brisk walk or bikeride....exercise does wonders for constipation! I know it's embarrassing to talk about but it's just one of those wonderful things we deal with for our babies!
Ask your doctor about stool softeners and drink more water. However, to get the ';poo'; out now, you might need a suppository. Try a spoonful of mineral oil before you go to bed, that will help keep things soft too.
Not eating wont help a bit. Prenatal vitamins help you ';go';. Also be sure youre drinking plenty of fluids like water and juice. If you drink lots of soda that will keep you constipated.
You need to eat. Fruits and ';dark'; green veggies (broccoli and spinach). Drink apple juice and eat yogurt or activia EVERYDAY. Avoid banana's they'll bind you even more. Do not use stool softener without consulting your ob-gyn.
Fiber will definitely help. Also keep in mind that prenatal vitamins will make you extra constipated. My midwife had me switch to kids flintstones vitamins until the constipation got better. Good luck!!
Drink apple juice and eat activia yogurt. First, apple juice always gets me going and activia helps regulate.
natural laxitives.....like fruit...pig out on some fruit, especailly pineapple...not eating is a bad idea, you are preggo and need food because your baby needs food. Stay away from cheese, it will make it worse.
You can take a stool softner. Make sure it only has docusate sodium in it. Colace is what I take.
you could always call your OB and ask about OTC meds but natural remedies are..


warm prune juice (warm is key)


ruffage like salad, broccoli etc...


And stay away from too much red meat, cheese and milk.
Slowly start working more fiber into your diet. Lots of fruits %26amp; veggies should help you with that.
i had this problem 2 weeks ago i just ate loads of liqourice and it went away oh yea and plenty of water!
You should really go see your doctor. It is not good if you haven't had a bowel movement in a week. Go to the doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hardware